Sunday, March 2, 2008

Too much...

Frustration, exhaustion, boredom, nerves, and excitement.  I have experienced all of these emotions in one three-day weekend.

First the frustration.  Only two more weeks of my masters degree to go and I'm stuck in one of the worst groups in history.  There are six of us and three of us are absolute shit-heads.  Yes.  Shit-heads.  I bit my tongue for as long as possible, tried to play nice and be polite, but then one of them walks into a meeting with an attitude the size of Texas talking about the quality of her input and I just couldn't do it anymore.  Here's the thing.  I don't need this class to graduate.  I've already taken all the credits I need and have a pretty good GPA and time to change the status of this class from letter grade to pass/fail so that it won't impact anything at all.  She, on the other hand, needs this and instead fixing all of her crappy amateur work I could have just submitted her parts as is and let the group fail.  It's not like we didn't give her the opportunity to fix it.  She just decided to stay up on her high horse and defend her work like an idiot so that we had no choice but to make the changes ourselves.  Ugh!  

Because of this frustration, I decided to take a much needed girl's night with my breastfriend and drink a bottle of champagne and watch bad tv all night.  Woke up to pancakes and a headache the next morning.  Came home full of intentions to get back to work, but took a shower and ended in falling asleep wrapped in a towel instead until knight in shining armor came home.

Once again tried to get some work for my job done but it is incredibly boring and I just could not force myself to do it.  

Knight in shining armor, meanwhile, has set the date for his LBS interview!  Nervous.  I researched a few sites for him to find some common and not-so-common interview questions for a mock interview.  He has made it through two mock interviews thus far and I'm so proud of him.  He doesn't like to practice with me because I have the tendency to smile and beam with pride when I listen to his thoughtful answers.  Such character.  This is why I'm marrying him.

He finally decided on a suit and it is gorgeous.  Excited!  I don't think I've ever been this ga-ga over a man in a suit before.  I've seen him in suits before, no doubt, but this one is just so well made, excellent fabric, and tailored just right.  He looks drop dead gorgeous in it.  Due to the unbelievable sexiness of him in his suit, we have decided to make plans for a nice dinner to follow his interview.  I can't wait to have him all to myself and wrapped up so nicely on top of it all.

Back to my boring work...

No comments: